SSI Equipment Techniques Course
EQUIPMENT TECHNIQUES OVERVIEW
This is the online / virtual version of the Equipment Techniques certification course. Upon completion, you will have better knowledge, understanding, and maintenance skills for the equipment used in the underwater environment.
All of our certifications are offered through Scuba Schools International (SSI). Download the MySSI App on your smartphone for access to free materials, resources, and other tools to improve your dive training experience!
The SSI Equipment Techniques teaches you how to choose, maintain and store your Total Diving System. This ensures performance and increases the longevity of your equipment. You will earn the SSI Equipment Techniques Specialty certification.
- Minimum Age: 10
- Certification Prerequisites: Referral Diver if in-water training is included
- Academic Sessions: 1
- Pool/Confined Water Sessions: Optional
- Open Water Dives: Optional
- Maximum Training Depth: Optional
- Suggested Duration: 6 - 10 hours (including online material review)
Please refer to the SSI Training Standards for more detailed information.